Clarion University of Pennsylvania: Clarion, PA [PDF transcript]
Southern Connecticut State University: New Haven, CT [PDF transcript]
- M.S. Library Science: 12/2002
- Concentrations in general reference, collection-development policy, service to minority and disabled populations, and using new technologies for information-literacy instruction.
- 3.90 GPA
Duquesne University: Pittsburgh, PA [PDF transcript]
- transfer to Clarion University: 5/2001
Indiana State University: Terre Haute, IN [PDF transcript]
- Ph.D. English Literature: 6/2000
- Concentrations in British 19th-century periodicals, Jacobean drama, and English composition.
- Dissertation: The Pre-Raphaelite Critic, 1846-1860: An Annotated Edition of Periodical Critical Opinion of the Pre-Raphaelites [Rich Text front matter], under direction of Frederick Newberry and Samuel Tindall.
- 3.975 GPA
- 1999 William Morris Society Dissertation Fellowship
- 1998 Hunkele Foundation Instructional Innovation Teaching with Technology Grant
- 1997-1999 Treasurer, English Graduate Organization
- 1997 National Endowment for the Humanities Challenge Grant
Canisius College: Buffalo, NY [PDF transcript]
- M.A. English Literature, magna cum laude: 5/1996
- Concentrations in business writing, developmental writing, teaching adult students, and British 19th-century literature.
- Thesis: The Critical Reception of Pre-Raphaelite Painting and Poetry: 1850-1900 [Rich Text], under direction of Matthew Brennan and Devoney Looser.
- 4.0 GPA
- Research grants from the ISU Arts Endowment, ISU Graduate Research Fund, and Pfennig Foundation.
- B.A. English Literature, cum laude: 5/1994
- 3.98 GPA; All-College Honors Program
- Canisius College Presidential Scholarship and three NY State scholarships (Byrd Honor Scholarship; Regents Scholarship w/honors, Empire State Scholarship)
- Kappa Delta Pi (education honor society, chapter charter member); Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit honor society); Sigma Tau Delta (English honor society, chapter pres. 1993-1994); English Club (secretary 1992-1993, president 1993-1994)
- 1994 Charles Brady Award for Excellence in English
Pennsylvania State University: Center for the Study of Higher Education, 400 Rackley Building, University Park, PA, 16802
International Association of Accessibility Professionals: 6300 Powers Ferry Road, Suite 600-300, Atlanta, GA 30339
- Academic Leadership Academy (ALA) certificate (2.8 CEU): 11/2021 [PDF certificate]
- The Academic Leadership Academy covers a range of subjects relevant to academic leaders such as leadership, career planning, fostering inclusion and belonging in the campus community, managing budgets in difficult times, and legal perspectives and issues. Sessions are oriented around interactive development of specific academic leadership skills.
Quality Matters: 1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway Suite 300, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) credential: 8/2018 [PDF certificate]
- IAAP's foundational certification, representing broad, cross-disciplinary conceptual knowledge about 1) disabilities, 2) accessibility and universal design, and 3) accessibility-related standards, laws, and management strategies.
University of Illinois: Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric course 9/2016 [PDF certificate]
- Peer Reviewer course 9/2016
Project Management Institute: Newtown Square, PA
DePaul University: 25 East Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60604
John A. Logan College: 700 Logan College Road, Carterville, IL 62918
- Master Online Teacher (MOT) certification: 1/2016 [PDF certificate]
- Concentrations in copyright, accessibility, and technology integration.
The University of South Alabama: Mobile, AL [PDF transcript]
- Voice Acting for Radio and Television: 2/2007 (0.2 CEU)
DeVry University: 1 Tower Lane, Chicago, IL 60601
- 2007 Employee Performance: Resolving Conflict (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Advanced Interpersonal Communication: Communicating to Build a Positive Culture (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Balanced Scorecard: Corporate Strategy (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Managing an Inbound Call Center (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Managing and Motivating Your Staff (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Call Center Management: Measuring Quality and Performance (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 Claims Customer-Service Process (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Human Resources Law: Americans with Disabilites Act (0.2 CEU)
- 2006 Leadership Development: Goal Setting (0.3 CEU)
- 2006 XML Technology Overview (0.2 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Experiencing 360-Degree Feedback (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Implementing a 360-Degree Program (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 360-Degree Feedback: Maximizing the Benefits of 360-Degree Feedback (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: Building Consulting Relationships (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: The Consulting Process (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Consulting: Serving as an Internal Consultant (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Essentials of Management: Creating a Positive Workplace (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Essentials of Management: Succeeding as a New Manager (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Excellence in Service: Fundamentals for Managers (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Knowledge in the Workplace (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Positively Influencing Workplace Culture (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Frontline Leadership: Preparing to Lead (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: The Change Process (0.2 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: Managing Yourself through Change (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Managing Change: Overcoming Change Obstacles (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 1: Six Sigma Essentials (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 2: Deploying Six Sigma (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Six Sigma Part 3: Managing Six Sigma Projects (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Conducting Productive Team Meetings (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Developing a High-Performance Team (0.3 CEU)
- 2005 Team Leadership: Promoting Your Team Effectiveness (0.3 CEU)
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Rare Book School, University of Virginia: Charlottesville, VA
- "Teaching Excellence Course Plus" Facilitator Training Program: 5/2004 [PDF Certificate]
State of New York
- L-010: Introduction to Special Collections Librarianship with Alice Schreyer, University of Chicago: 7/2002 [PDF Certificate]
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 14 December 2021. © 2001-2021 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.