Skills and Experience
- Voice-over talent for educational, corporate, and commerical projects (2007-present).
- Instructional design, with special emphasis on distance learning and administration (1998-present).
- Administrative, user, and system administrator skills with online course-management systems including Desire2Learn, Blackboard, WebCT and eCollege (1997-present).
- Teaching English composition and literature at secondary, post-secondary, and graduate levels, with concentrations in Victorian literature, Modern American drama, Elizabethan/Jacobean studies, business writing, grammar, and rhetoric (1993-present).
- Library administration responsibilities, including staff supervision, budgeting, project design, and committee work; also expertise with Innovative Interfaces Millennium library cataloging, circulation, and periodicals software modules (1999-2003).
- Writing-center administration, including scheduling, supervisory duties, and quality-of-service management (1997).
- General office management, database maintenance, quality control, and efficiency assessment (1996).
- Macintosh- and PC-based computing platforms, especially Microsoft Office, Pagemaker, Photoshop, and HTML design (1992-present).
- Skilled in publication design, layout, and photography techniques (1990-1994).
- Competently read, speak, and write Spanish; read French.
SCHOLARLY PUBLICATIONS ·
PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS ·
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS ·
Last update 18 June 2020. © 2001-2020 Thomas J. Tobin.
Site content shared under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license.